Chamomile is a natural plant, known for its medicinal properties. It is essentially a herb, which can be consumed as a tea and is often found in skincare products, and can have great effects on your skin and health!
Here are the top six reasons why we think chamomile is beneficial for your health and skin:
- Containing bisabolol, which is an anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, anti-irritant and non-allergenic chemical, chamomile is great for acne also sensitive skins that are prone to rashes or eczema
- Chamomile is sometimes known as a ‘herbal aspirin’ for its mild analgesic properties to help reduce menstrual pain, swelling and redness
- Chamazulene is another chemical that is found in the essential oils of chamomile, which is also credited with having anti-inflammatory properties
- Chamomile tea contains an antioxidant called apigenin which has been shown to slow the growth of skin, breast and prostate cancers
- Research has suggested that chamomile is thought to be beneficial for health issues such as acid reflux, indigestion and flatulence
- This plant also works to neutralise skin irritants and is considered to be hypoallergenic
Chamomile is an excellent skincare herb, suitable for all skin types. If you have inflamed or easily irritable skin, or even if you are feeling stressed, drink a cup of chamomile tea – it will help you relax and will work wonders on your skin too!
If you have any questions about how to achieve happy, healthy skin, book a free consultation with our nurse specialist. We’re always happy to see a new face!